Attempt any FOUR questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. "Conrad's heroes are in struggle with the dark forces of nature and at war with their own soul". In the light of this statement discuss Conrad's art of characterization in The Heart of Darkness.
2. Critically examine Joyce's use of the device of epiphany in his novel A Portrait of the Artist as a Young man.
3. Discuss Virginia Woolf's theory of the novel. How has she made use of it in TO THE LIGHTHOUSE?
4. Discuss the role of women in THINGS FALL APART from feminine point of view.
5. How does Ahmed Ali portray the city of Delhi and its people in TWILIGHT IN DELHI?
6. Write a comprehensive note on the structure of TO THE LIGHTHOUSE.
7. Discuss the art of characterization in modern English novel.