1. Define 'What is language?' and differentiate between language and speech.
2. Write a detailed note on psycholinguistics.
3. What is the difference between the descriptive and prescriptive approach to the investigation of language?
4. (a) What is TG grammar? In what ways is it an improvement on the structuralists' view of grammar?
(b) Draw a tree diagram for the following sentence giving P-Markers:
The boy is sitting on the chair.
5. Explain semantic field theory in detail.
6. What is morphology? What do you understand b the term morpheme? How does it differ from a Phoneme?
7. Write notes on TWO of the following:
(i) Historical Linguistics
(iii) Received Pronunciation