1. What is language? What are its chief characteristics?
2. Critically examine sociolinguistics and psycholinguistics as branches of linguistics.
3. What do you understand by morphological analysis? Give examples of both 'free' and 'bound' morphemes.
4. Write a note on historical linguistics.
5. (a) What is IC analysis? Discuss its major flaws.
(b) Draw a tree diagram for the following sentence giving P-Marker:
Suddenly the lion appeared before the Man.
6. Differentiate between semantic field theory and componential analysis.
7. Write notes on TWO of the following:
(ii) Descriptive VS Prescriptive Linguistics
(iv) Transformational Grammar