In Sha Allah! It's a challenge that you can get more than 250 marks in M.A. English (Part II) by preparing only 200 position-winning solved questions. To get the hard copy of complete notes, SMS your Name and Address to 03338602196. Get your notes and pay the postman Rs. 2200/-
Friday, 12 December 2014
PAST PAPER - LITERATURE IN ENGLISH AROUND THE WORLD 2011 SUPPLEMENTARY
11. YEAR 2011 (Supplementary)
Attempt any FOUR questions. You have to attempt at least ONE question from each section. All questions carry equal marks.
SECTION I - DRAMA
1. Critically analyze the conflict between mothers and daughters in The House of Bernarda Alba by Lorca.
2. Discuss in detail the relationship between Manus and Yolland in Friel's play Translations.
SECTION II - NOVEL
3. By close reference to the events in the novel The River Between by Ngugi Mathe Clear Cheg's influence on Waiyaki.
4. What does Solzhenitsyn's novel One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich relevant in today's world.
SECTION III - POETRY
5. Critically examine ONE of the following poems:
(a) The Stone Chat by Taufiq Rafat
(b) An African Elegy by Ben Okri
6. Discuss the major thematic concerns in Nissim Ezekiel's poem "Good Bye Part for Miss Pushpa T.S."
7. Discuss critically Anna Akhmatova's "Prologue, Epilogue".