1. Discuss the symbolic import of the character in HEART OF DARKNESS.
2. "The artist is at once a member of his society, a rebel, a martyr and the possible saviour". How does this definition apply to Stephen Dedalus in A PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST AS A YOUNG MAN?
3. 'Mrs. Ramsay brings people together, yet is an isolated person'. Discuss the character and role of Mrs. Ramsay in the light of this comment.
4. Illustrate the significance of the title of the novel THINGS FALL APART.
5. 'TWILIGHT IN DELHI is a vivid picture of Indian combined family life'. Discuss.
6. 'Virginia Woolf adopted a revolutionary technique for the expression of her vision of life and human nature'. Discuss.
7. 'Man's inhumanity to man is his greatest crime'. Discuss the theme of HEART OF DARKNESS in the light of this comment.