Sunday 23 November 2014

Past Paper Drama 2010 | M.A. English Part II (PU) | Eureka Study Aids

Attempt FOUR questions in all. Question No. 1 is compulsory. All questions carry equal marks. 
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following passages.
(i) He was there this afternoon. He went to demand something he said they had stolen from him. He talked wildly about some child that had disappeared.
(ii) I tell you every day. Every day I say the same thing over and over again. You must let the cherry orchard and the land under building leases for summer cottages, and you must do it now, as quickly as possible, or the auction will be on top of you!
(iii) In my spare time, of which I have plenty, I have gone over my case and considered how it is going to be judged by that world of science of which I no longer count myself a member.
(iv) But we were there together, I could swear to it! Picking grapes for a man called .... (he snaps his fingers) .... can't think of the name of the man, at a place, do you not remember?
(v) Such a night. Thanks heavens I didn't know you were out in it I would have had no sleep.
2. Is Waiting for Godot a meaningful play?
3. How far do you think Edward Bond is successful in applying his theories about drama in The Sea?
4. Discuss some of the dramatic devices Ibsen has used to depict Hedda Gabler's predicament.
5. "Lopakhin is not a merchant in the vulgar sense of the word ... There is no need for him to be the typical merchant. He is a tender-hearted man." Do you think that this statement fully explains Lopakhin's character in The Cherry Orchard?
6. Do you think that Galileo Galili presents a conflict between the whole spirit of the free inquiry and the official ideology? Elaborate your answer with reference to the play.
7. Discuss the main features of drama after the World War II

No comments:

Post a Comment