Friday 18 September 2020

Important Questions | Waiting for Godot By Samuel Beckett | Eureka Study Aids

1. Explain the following extracts with reference to the context. 
2. Explain the following extracts with reference to the context. 
(i) The tears of the world are a constant quantity. For each one who begins to weep, somewhere else another stops. The same is true of the laugh. 
(ii) Is there anything I can do, that's what I ask myself, to cheer them up? I have given them bones, I have talked to them about this and that, I have explained the twilight, admittedly. 
(iii) Let us do something, while we have the chance! It is not every day that we are needed. Not indeed that we personally are needed. Others would meet the case equally well, if not better. 
3. Explain the following extracts with reference to the context. 
(i) We wait. We are bored. (He throws up his hand.) No, don't protest, we are bored to death, there's no denying it.
(ii) Don't question me! The blind have not notion of time. The things of time are hidden from them too. 
(iii) Was I sleeping, while the others suffered? An I sleeping now? Tomorrow, when I wake, or think I do, what shall I say of today? 
4. 'Waiting for Godot' As an Absurd Play
5. 'Waiting for Godot' As a Tragic-Comedy
6. Major Themes in 'Waiting for Godot'
7. Significance of the Title 'Waiting for Godot'
8. Role of Language in the context of 'Waiting for Godot' 

RELATED POSTS

No comments:

Post a Comment