Thursday 17 September 2020

Past Paper Drama 2016 | M.A. English Part II (PU) | Eureka Study Aids

Attempt any FOUR questions including Question No. 1 which is compulsory. All questions carry equal marks. 
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following. 
(i) .... if we're to start living in the present isn't it abundantly clear that we've first to go redeem our past and make a clean break with it? And we can only redeem it by suffering and getting down to real work for a change. 
(ii) Lovborg: I've torn my own life to pieces. So I might as well tear up my life's work as well. 
Mrs. Elvsted: And you did that last night! 
Lovborg: Yes, I tell you. Into a thousand pieces. And scattered them out in the fjord. A long way out. At least the water's clean and salt out there. They'll driftwith the current and the wind. And after a while they'll sink. Deeper and deeper. Like I will. 
(iii) There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the faults of his feet. 
(iv) "Lo, I tamed the wild beasts, but I cannot tame the torments of my breast". 
(v) Yes, I am dissatisfied, and that's what you'd be paying me for if you had any brains. Becaus I'm dissatisfied with myself. 
2. 'Hedda Gabbler presents the socio-psychological conflicts within the liberated woman'. Elaborate with appropriate textual citations. 
3. "The Cherry Orchard" is about the passing away of the romantic phase and the onset of modern capitalist tendencies. Comment. 
4. Bring out the various ways in which language has been exploited in "Waiting for Godot". 
5. How does Edward Bond synthesize the classical and romantic dramatic traditions with modern political theatre in "The Sea"? 
6. Discuss "The Life of Galileo Galilie" as an anti-romantic play. 
7. Write notes on the following; 
(i) The Well-Made Play
(ii) Pozzo

No comments:

Post a Comment