Thursday 20 November 2014

Past Paper Drama 2008 | M.A. English Part II (PU) | Eureka Study Aids

Attempt FOUR questions in all. Question No. 1 is compulsory. All questions carry equal marks. 
1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following passages.
(i) And Virginia will soon Rave to have a dowry: she's not bright. Then I like buying books about other things besides Physics, and I like a decent meal. Good' meals are when I get mot of my ideas.
(ii) I trust nobody needs reminding that Orchard and estate come under hammer in two weeks' time ..... Two weeks friends. Try to think of it while you dine.
(iii) Is there anything I can do, that's what I ask myself, to cheer them up? I have given them bones, I have talked to them; about this and that, I have explained the twilight, admittedly.
(iv) Then create room. Don't you aspire to be an artist? Think of the miners who spend their lives crawling through darkness so that may have light.
(v) Apparently he put up a very violent resistance. Hit one of the constables on the ear and tore his uniform. He had to accompany them to the police station.
2. How does Beckett transform inaction into dramatic auction in Waiting for Godot?
3. "Hatach, inhabits a world which is illusory as that of the play rehearsed in Mrs. Rafi's room". Elaborate.
4. Is the Cherry Orchard a political play?
5. "Hedda's restlessness and envy arise from her false standards of happiness as well as from her egotism and uselessness". What is your opinion?
6. Is the play Galileo Galilie a tragedy?
7. Trace the development which took place in the art of dramaturgy from Ibsen to Bond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment