1. "Marlow is illuminated in the Heart of Darkness". Discuss with reference to Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad.
2. Discuss the various conflicts expounded by Achebe in Things Fall Apart.
3. "To live, to err, to fall, to triumph, to re-create life out of life". Discuss the portrait of Stephen Dedalus in the light of this statement. (A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man)
4. Virginia Woolf wanted to capture, in words, the nature of human consciousness what it actually feels like to be alive". Discuss with reference To the Lighthouse.
5. What are the major themes explored by Ahmed Ali in the novel "Twilight in Delhi"?
6. Explain the meanings of the trip to the Lighthouse and completion of Lily Briscoe's picture.
7. What is symbolism? How has Conrad made use of this technique in Heart of Darkness?