1. Conrad's Heart of Darkness "explores man's nature; his capacity for evil; the necessity for restraint; the effect of physical darkness and isolation on a civilized soul". Examine Kurtz's character in the light of this statement.
2. Discuss in detail the title "Things Fall Apart", the novel by Chinua Achebe.
3. Critically examine the aesthetic theory of Stephen Dedalus as expounded by James Joyce in his novel "A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man".
4. Discuss the character of Lily Brisco as Virginia Woolf's version of art.
5. Explain the significance of the title "Twilight in Delhi", the novel by Ahmed Ali.
6. Compare and contrast the theme of 'Heart of Darkness' by Joseph Conrad with that of 'Things Fall Apart' by Chinua Achebe.
7. Discuss the use of symbolism in the modern novels (the novels in the prescribed course).