1. Explain with reference to the context any THREE of the following passages:
(i) (gesture towards the Universe) This one is enough for you. (silence). It's not nice of you, Didi. Whom am I to tell my private nightmares to if I can't tell them to you?
(ii) You can charge each tenant twenty-five roubles a year per hectare per plot --- easily. If you advertise right away I guarantee by the autumn you won't have a single plot left ---.
(iii) Yes, but have you noticed how strong and healthy she's looking? And how she's filled out since, we went away?
(iv) You must tell me exactly what happened. I was going to complain to the chief-of-staff about the battery opening fire.
(v) They are making you plough water. They allow you pens and paper to keep you quiet. How can you possibly write when you know what's the purpose.
2. "In the Sea Bond shows the ability of human beings to survive the worst, to retain their optimism and not to brought down by the lunacy and injustice of the world they live in". Discuss with close reference to the text.
3. "The daemon of Hedda is that she wants to influence another human being, but once that has happened she despises him". Do you agree? Give arguments to support your answer.
4. Is Beckett's Waiting for Godot relevant for us today?
5. "The Cherry Orchard is a tragedy despite the fact that Chekhov described it as a comedy". How far would you agree?
6. "Brechet's Galileo Galili is not only a hymn to reason but one that centres specifically on the need to be sceptical, to doubt". Discuss.
7. Do you think that Bond is indebted to Brecht for his concept of theatre? Give arguments in support of your answer.