1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Saturday, 8 November 2014
PAST PAPERS - M.A. ENGLISH (PU) PART II
14. YEAR 2013
Attempt any FOUR questions. Question No.1 is compulsory. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Answer any FOUR of the following with reference to the context:
(i) It seem'd no force could wake him from his place;
But there came one, who with a kindred hand
Touch'd his wide shoulders, after bending low
With reverence, though to one who knew it not.
(ii) What a multitude they seem'd, these flowers of London town!
Seated in companies they sit with radiance all their own.
(iii) And I had done a hellish thing
And it would work'em woe:
For all averr'd, I had kill'd the Bird
That made the Breeze to blow
(iv) And you could not stop. What would happen
If you were to stop? Would they attack you,
Scared by the shock of silence, or wanting more?
(v) The traffic parts to let go by
Brings closer what is left to come
And dulls to distance all we are.
(vi) Some day I will go to Arhus
To see his peat-brown head,
The mild pods of his eyelids,
His pointed skin cap, ...
2. How does the dramatic spirit expresses itself in the Odes by Keats?
3. Blake said that without contraries there is no progression: How is this brought out by Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience?
4. Discuss the thematic tension in "Dejection: An Ode" by Keats.
5. Larkin's poetry expresses discontent. Discuss with close reference to the poems you have read.
6. Discuss "Thought Fox" and "That Morning" as journeys to fulfillment.
7. How does "Tallund Man" describe the anxiety of Heaney as an Irish writer?