In Sha Allah! It's a challenge that you can get more than 250 marks in M.A. English (Part II) by preparing only 200 position-winning solved questions. To get the hard copy of complete notes, SMS your Name and Address to 03338602196. Get your notes and pay the postman Rs. 2200/-
PAST PAPER - LITERATURE IN ENGLISH AROUND THE WORLD 2010
8. YEAR 2010
Attempt any FOUR questions. You have to attempt at least ONE question from each section. All questions carry equal marks.
SECTION I - DRAMA
1. Critics claim that 'laughter and tears are two poles of Lorea's theatre'. Discuss with close reference to the House of Bernarda Alba.
2. How far can Brain Friel's play Translations be described as a play about political power?
SECTION II - NOVEL
3. Compare and contrast the characters of Fetyukov and Shukov in the novel One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch.
4. How does Ngugi examines the historical impact of colonialism on Kenya in his novel The River Between?
SECTION III - POETRY
5. Critically examine ONE of the following poems:
(a) The Street of Nightingales
(b) Mango Seedlings
6. Discuss the major thematic concerns in Moniza Alvi's The Country at my Shoulder.
7. Discuss critically Alamgir Hashmi's use of myth in Encounter with the Sirens.