1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Sunday, 21 December 2014
PAST PAPER - NOVEL 2014
15. YEAR 2014
Attempt any FOUR questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Is Chiny Achebe right? --- is Heart of Darkness racist? Does the book present a simple and degrading view of the native Africans?
2. What are some symbols in Heart of Darkness? How do they relate to the plot and characters?
3. To the Lighthouse is one of Woolf's most successful and accessible experiments in the modernist mode, including stream-of-consciousness. Illustrate citing examples from the text of the novel.
4. What is the important about the title? Is there a reference in the novel that explains the title? (A Portrait of the Artist As a Young Man by James Joyce)
5. What is the overall meaning of the theme - what point is the author trying to make about mankind, society etc. In the Things Fall Apart?
6. What is chi? Explain the importance of chi in shaping Okonkwo's destiny.
7. About Twilight in Delhi Mohammad Hasan Askari says, "I cannot recall any novel or short story in Urdu where nature has thus come to life, or in which nature has played such a role in making the novel so meaningful."