1. What features make short story a preferential choice for the readers. Give an elaborate answer to text included in your syllabus.
2. What is the main focus of Achebe in his short story 'Civil Peace'?
3. Critically evaluate the characterization in D.H. Lawrence's 'The Man Who Loved Islands'.
4. Give a detailed analysis of the artistic features of Alice Walker's 'The Strong Horse Tea'.
5. Compare V.S. Naipaul's story 'The Night Watchman's Occurrence Book' with A. Chekhov's.
6. What is Doris Lessing trying to bring to her readers in her short story, 'African Short Story'?
7. Considering Nadine Gardiner's 'Ultimate Safari' and 'Once Upon a Time', which would you appreciate more? Support your answer by giving cogent reasons.