Tuesday 21 April 2015

Important Questions | Hedda Gabler By Ibsen | Eureka Study Aids

1. Explain the following extracts with reference to the context.
(i) Yes, but have you noticed how strong and healthy she's looking? And how she's filled out since we went away? 
(ii) Quite irreproachably, I assure you. In every respect. All the same -- in this big city -- with money in his pockets -- I'm so dreadfully frightened something may happen to him. 
(iii) (nervously, walking across the room) Sometimes a mood like that hits me. And I can't stop myself. [Throws herself down in the armchair by the stove.] Oh, I don't know how to explain it.  
2. Explain the following extracts with reference to the context. 
(i) Oh courage --- oh yes! If only one had that --- Then life might be livable, in spite of everything. 
(ii) Do you find it so incredible that a young girl, given the chance in secret, should want to be allowed a glimpse into a forbidden world of whose existence she is supposed to be ignorant? 
(iii) He'll be here. I can see him. With a crown if vine leaves in his hair. Burning and unashamed. 
3. Explain the following extracts with reference to the context. 
(i) Rubbish! First you're going to have some tea, you little idiot. And then -- at ten o'clock -- Eilert Lovborg will come. With a crown of vine-leaves in his hair!
(ii) Apparently he put up a very violent resistance. Hit one of the constables on the ear and tore his uniform. He had to accompany them to the police station. 
(iii) You needn't bother. I saw the pistol Loevborg had when they found him. I recognized it at once. From yesterday. And other occasions. 
4. 'Hedda Gabler' As a Modern Tragedy
5. 'Hedda Gabler' As a Feminist Play
6. Dramatic Significance of Symbols in 'Hedda Gabler' 
7. Character Sketch of Hedda
8. Character Sketch of Loevborg

2 comments:

  1. In 2200 ..the notes of all book will be provided?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disscuss the light and darkness in the Hedda Gabler? sir I need this answer,If You have plz send me

    ReplyDelete