Saturday, 7 May 2016
PAST PAPER NOVEL (PU) - 2015
Attempt any FOUR questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Conrad uses the technique of impressionism in "Heart of Darkness". Exemplify.
2, "Heart of Darkness" is about the horrors of western civilization. Comment.
3. What is the nature of relationship between Mrs. Ramsay and Lily Briscoe in "To the Lighthouse"?
4. "A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man" is one of the earlier examples in English literature of a novel that makes extensive use of stream of consciousness.
5. Why did Achebe choose to take the title of his novel "Things Fall Apart", from William Butler Yeats' poem "The Second Coming"?
6. What is the role of women in "Things Fall Apart"?
7. The moralizing of the defeated is a powerful emotional sachem in "Twilight in Delhi". Comment.