1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Saturday, 7 May 2016
PAST PAPER POETRY (PU) - 2015
Attempt any FOUR questions. All questions carry equal marks. Question No. 1 is COMPULSORY.
1. Attempt any FOUR of the following with reference to the context.
(i) Beneath them sit the aged men, wise guardians of the poor.
Then cherish pity, lest you drive an angel from your door.
(ii) Could I revive within me
Her symphony and song,
To such a deep delight 'twould win me,
(iii) Ah, happy, happy boughs! That cannot shed
Your leaves, nor ever bid the spring adieu;
And, happy melodist, unwearied,
For ever piping songs for ever new;
(iv) They come to rest at any kerb:
All streets in time are visited.
(v) Your voice went over the fields towards Grantchester,
It must have sounded lost. But the cows
Watched, then approached: they appreciated Chaucer.
(vi) He had unstrappped
The heavy ledger, and my father was making tillage
returns in acres, roods and perches.
2. In what ways do Blake's SONGS OF EXPERIENCE form a companion body to his SONGS OF INNOCENCE?
3. Discuss the use of contrast in KUBLA KHAN.
4. How far may ODE TO AUTUMN be read as recognition of harmony in the natural world?
5. Comment on Larkin's tone of ironic detachment with detailed reference to at least two of his poems.
6. Discuss the relationship between 'the artist' and 'the work of art' in the poetry of Ted Hughes.
7. What value does Heaney ascribe to contrariness in Irish scenario? Illustrate with detailed reference to at least two of his poems.