1. "Material Interests" corrupt human relations. Discuss the theme of Hear of Darkness in the light of this statement.
2. Critically examine Stephen's development as an artist. (A Portrait of the Artist As a Young Man).
3. Write critical analysis of the three parts of To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf.
4. Describe the tragic consequences of the incursion of the white man and his culture into African Traditional society. (Things Fall Apart)
5. Ahmed Ali in "Twilight in Delhi" brings history alive, depicting most movingly the decay of a whole way of life and culture. Discuss.
6. Critically evaluate the role of female characters in Things Fall Apart.
7. Modern Novel reflects the complexity of modern life. Discuss. (Refer to novels prescribed in your course).