1. The modern writers focus on the oddities of human behaviour. Elaborate by giving examples from short stories in your syllabus.
2. Which features of South Africa are reflected in N. Gardiner's Once Upon a Time? Elaborate.
3. Keeping Amy Tan's "The Voice from the Wall" in mind say how it finds its place in modern fiction?
4. Give a critical analysis of the main characters of the Judgment by Kafka.
5. Comment on the element of retrospective autobiography in Sara Suleri's "The Property of a Woman".
6. Give an elaborate account of "A Sun Rise on the Veld" by Doris Lessing.
7. Write a short essay on the essential elements of the short story. How does it differ from the novel?