1. Write a note that language is based on the culture and convention of the people who speak it.
2. Write a note on psycholinguistics.
3. Explain the places and manner of articulation. Also tell how voicing takes place.
4. (a) What do you know about phrase structure grammar? Discuss in detail.
(b) Draw a tree diagram for the following sentence giving P-Marker:
The teacher marked him absent.
5. Discuss briefly the major semantic theories.
6. Morphology is the study of the rules governing the internal structure of the words and the international that exits among them. Discuss.
7. Write notes on TWO of the following:
(i) Why Study Grammar?
(ii) First Language Acquisition
(iv) Historical Linguistics