1. How is human language different from animal communication? Discuss its characteristics.
2. Write a detailed note on Psycho-linguistics.
3. (a) Explain manners of articulation with examples
(b) Identify voiceless consonants in the following words;
Left, Station, Vanished, Insurance, Cheque.
4. 'The vocabulary of a language consists of many interrelating networks of relations between word'. Discuss the above statement with reference to semantic field theory.
5. (a) Why is TG the most influential theory of linguistics in modern times? Discuss in detail.
(b) Draw a tree diagram of the following giving P-markers: I am proud of the painting.
6. (a) How do you differentiate between inflectional and derivational morphology. Discuss giving examples for each.
(b) List 'the bound' morphemes in the following words:
Sweetness, Friendless, Unreal, Employment, Preface
7. Write notes on TWO of the following:
(i) Language - Acquisition
(ii) Language and Culture
(iii) Why Study Grammar
8. Transcribe the following words;
Are, cook, hoil, no, now, chips, bead, out, ask, dress, trap, has.