1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Tuesday, 9 December 2014
PAST PAPER - SHORT STORIES 2013
14. YEAR 2013
Attempt any FOUR questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Has the short story today become "The most necessary and natural expression of the age?" Discuss with close reference to the story Everything that Rises Must Converge by Flannery O' Connor.
2. Discuss Nadine Gordimer's short Ultimate Safari as a political satire.
3. Write a detailed critical analysis of The Judgment by Franz Kafka.
4. Analyze how Hanif Qureshi's My Son the Fanatic represents conflicting nations of modern British identity.
5. 'In Okri's story, anything is possible'. To what extent is this valid with reference to 'What the Tapster Saw'?
6. Write a detailed comment on the setting and its significance in African Short Story by Doris Lessing.
7. Discuss the characterization in the story The Dead by James Joyce.