1. 'Linguistics is the scientific study of grammar'. Elaborate on the statement with your understanding of the study of language.
2. Write a note on psycholinguistics.
3. Explain in detail the manners of articulation of English consonant sounds.
4. (a) What is IC analysis? Discuss its major flaws.
(b) Draw a tree diagram for the following sentence giving P-Markers:
The young teacher taught the young and intelligent students.
5. What is componential analysis? Explain with examples.
6. What contribution can the study of (a) language -- acquisition and (b) pidgins and creoles make to historical linguistics?
7. Write notes on TWO of the following:
(i) Synchronic VS Diachronic Point of View in Linguistics
(ii) Cardinal Vowels