1. Identify those features of linguistics which qualify it to classified as a 'science'. Support with examples.
2. Write a comprehensive note on sociolinguistics and its significance.
3. Discuss and describe the English Consonants of RP in terms of their manner and place of articulation.
4. Discuss in detail the major semantic theories.
5 (a) How is Transformational Generative Grammar different from IC analysis and phrase structure grammar. Explain with suitable examples.
(b) Draw a tree diagram for the following sentence giving P-Marker"
They have been reading this book for three days.
6. Briefly trace the growth and development of historical linguistics.
7. Write notes on any TWO of the following:
(i) Language Acquisition