Sunday, 21 December 2014
PAST PAPER - LITERATURE IN ENGLISH AROUND THE WORLD 2014
15. YEAR 2014
Attempt any FOUR questions. ONE question from each section. All questions carry equal marks.
SECTION I - DRAMA
1. Explore the manner in which Adela Strives to be free of the shackles of moral strictures and expectations that she faces in The House of Bernarda Alba.
2. What is the historical and cultural significance of the play Translations by Brain Friel.
SECTION II - NOVEL
3. Discuss the main theme of the novel One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich.
4. What are the major concerns that Ngugi discusses in The River Between.
SECTION III - POETRY
5. Write a critical analysis of either Far Cry for Africa by Derek Walcott or African Elegy by Ben Okri.
6. Discuss the poetry of Taufiq Rafat with special reference to the poems included in your syllabus.
7. Write a note on the experience of hatred and multiculturalism as drawn by the African poets.