1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Sunday, 21 December 2014
PAST PAPER - LINGUISTICS 2014
15. YEAR 2014
Attempt any FOUR questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. How is human language different from animal communication?
2. Write a detailed description of Psycholinguistics.
3. Describe in detail the fricatives, affricates and plosives of RP with reference to manner and place of articulation.
4. (a) What is I.C. Analysis? Discuss its major flaws.
(b) Draw a tree diagram for the following sentence giving P-Maker:
The man is waiting outside the dentist's office.
5. How do the concepts of homonymy and synonymy aid in Componential Analysis?
6. Discuss some of the Stylistic devices in language which are used to produce expressive or literary style.
7. Write notes on any TWO of the following:
(iv) The Cardinal Vowel System