Sunday, 21 December 2014
PAST PAPER - LINGUISTICS 2004
1. YEAR 2004
Attempt any FOUR questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Compare structuralism with functionalism while highlighting the prominent features of the said linguistic movements.
2. Write a detailed note on psycholinguistics.
3. (a) Explain manners of articulation with examples.
(b) Transcribe the following pinpointing the primary stress.
Exclusion, Citation, Demonstrate, Appreciate, Avoid.
4. (a) Discuss phrase structure grammar in detail.
(b) Draw P-Maker for the following sentence: All students will study Linguistics.
5. Describe the concept of morph and discuss its different types with examples.
6. Explain semantic field theory.
7. Write notes on TWO of the following:
(i) Componential Analysis
(iii) Segmental phonology
(iv) Comparative Linguistics