1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Sunday, 21 December 2014
PAST PAPER - LINGUISTICS 2004
1. YEAR 2004
Attempt any FOUR questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Compare structuralism with functionalism while highlighting the prominent features of the said linguistic movements.
2. Write a detailed note on psycholinguistics.
3. (a) Explain manners of articulation with examples.
(b) Transcribe the following pinpointing the primary stress.
Exclusion, Citation, Demonstrate, Appreciate, Avoid.
4. (a) Discuss phrase structure grammar in detail.
(b) Draw P-Maker for the following sentence: All students will study Linguistics.
5. Describe the concept of morph and discuss its different types with examples.
6. Explain semantic field theory.
7. Write notes on TWO of the following:
(i) Componential Analysis
(iii) Segmental phonology
(iv) Comparative Linguistics