1. Write a critical note on the role and character of Marlow in HEART OF DARKNESS.
2. Discuss the use of epiphany in the development of Stephen Dedalus in The Portrait of the Artist As a Young Man.
3. "In TO THE LIGHTHOUSE, Virginia Woolf found a subject that enabled her to do full justice to her technique". Discuss.
4. Discuss THINGS FALL APART as a post-colonial novel.
5. "Ahmed Ali's characters are caught in a restless, changing world that has lost its values." Discuss.
6. "In HEART OF DARKNESS, Conrad portrays the evils of 19th century colonialism in Africa with extraordinary vividness". Discuss.
7. What are the salient features of modern novel?