1. The short story writer usually emphasizes some anecdote that excites and surprises the reader. Discuss, keeping in mind more short stories you have read in your course.
2. Write a critical analysis of "A Clean Well Lighted Space" by E. Hemingway.
3. Discuss 'The Man Who Lived in a Shell' by Chekov and 'The Voice' by V.S. Pritchett.
4. Joyce's, 'The Dead' defies the conventional form of the short story regarding its characterization and stylistic technique.
5. Trace the ambivalent relationship between father and son in F. Kafka's 'The Judgement'.
6. Give an account in detail of any two short stories included in your course in the context of theme and point of view of the narrator.
7. Give a comprehensive account of the characteristics features of South Africa reflected in Nadine Gardiner's 'One Upon a Time'.