1. Write a detailed account of the essential elements that contribute make a short story. Also say how it is different from the novel?
2. What are the characteristic elements of a short story that contribute to its distinctive quality?
3. Discuss the insights that Amy Tan offers into the 'alienation experience by those who are displaced from their own surroundings in ---- The Voice from the Wall".
4. Do you think the following stories share a common theme? If so how do the writers present it through the narrative?
5. What are the elements that make 'A Clean Well Lighted Place' --- by Hemingway a classic story?
6. The narrator part of the story in --- 'A Man of the Crowd' --- by E.A. Poe. How does this enhance dramatic element?
7. Write a detailed note on the H.E. Bates: The Woman Who had Imagination.