Sunday, 8 May 2016
PAST PAPER LINGUISTICS (PU) - 2015
Attempt any FOUR questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. How can the study of Linguistics provide a better insight into language and Literary studies?
2. Explain the disciplines of Psycho-linguistics and Socio-linguistics.
3. Describe in detail RP long and short vowels.
4. (i) What is I.C. analysis? Discuss its major flaws.
(ii) Draw a tree diagram for the following sentence giving P-Markers: He leaned against a large shady tree.
5. Discuss semantic theories in detail.
6. What are the major component of Stylistic analysis?
7. Write notes on any TWO of the following:
(iii) PR Fricatives