1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Sunday, 8 May 2016
PAST PAPER LINGUISTICS (PU) - 2015
Attempt any FOUR questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. How can the study of Linguistics provide a better insight into language and Literary studies?
2. Explain the disciplines of Psycho-linguistics and Socio-linguistics.
3. Describe in detail RP long and short vowels.
4. (i) What is I.C. analysis? Discuss its major flaws.
(ii) Draw a tree diagram for the following sentence giving P-Markers: He leaned against a large shady tree.
5. Discuss semantic theories in detail.
6. What are the major component of Stylistic analysis?
7. Write notes on any TWO of the following:
(iii) PR Fricatives