1. "A man's confrontation with the dark self is both dangerous and enlightening".
2. "Stephen is a rebel". Do you agree on not? Give reasons.
3. How does Virginia Woolf portray "life: in her novel "To the Lighthouse"?
4."In Things Fall Apart, Achebe opens a casement on Umuofia, revealing to us the compelling tragedy of Okonkwo, a hero, we cannot claim to like, but do not fail to admire". Discuss.
5. "Ahmed Ali's characters have a symbolic pattern in Twilight in Delhi". Discuss.
6. Write a comprehensive note on the structure of To the Lighthouse.
7. Discuss various trends in modern English novel.