1. M.A. ENGLISH LIT: 1. PU Part I 2. PU Part II 3. UOS Part I 4. UOS Part II 5. BZU Part I 6. BZU Part II 7. UOK PART I 8. UOK PART II 9. UOP PART I 10. UOP PART II
2. GRADUATION: 1. PU B.A. English (C) 2. PU B.A. English Lit. 3. PU B.Sc. English 4. PU B.Com English 5. UOS B.A. English (C) 6. BZU B.A. English (C) 7. Other Subjects
3. INTER & A LEVEL: 1. Ist Year English (PB) 2. 2nd Year English (PB) 3. A Level English Part I 4. A Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
4. MATRIC & O LEVEL: 1. English for Class 9 (PB) 2. English for Class 10 (PB) 3. O Level English Part I 4. O Level English Part II 5. Other Subjects
5. CSS/PMS: 1. Essay Writing 2. Composition & Precis Writing 3. English Literature 4. Other Subjects
Wednesday, 3 December 2014
PAST PAPER - NOVEL 2013
14. YEAR 2013
Attempt any FOUR questions. All questions carry equal marks. Summaries and plot analysis of the prescribed texts not allowed.
1. What happens to Marlow after Kurtz's death? (Heart of Darkness).
2. Consider HEART OF DARKNESS as a political allegory.
3. Why does Virginia Woolf use stream of consciousness in this novel? How effective is it? What sort of "feel" do you get from the characters? The novelist?
4. Why do you think Stephen means when he says he will "forge ... the uncreated conscience of my race?" (A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man)
5. Why does Achebe choose to bring in the European colonial presence only in the last third of the novel? (Things Fall Apart)
6. Is Okonkwo destined for tragedy or die his choices lead him to his tragic end? (Things Fall Apart)
7. The novel TWILIGHT IN DELHI does not remain the story of Delhi alone, but is simultaneously the story of the life of mankind. Comment.