1. The greatest appeal in the short story lies in its brevity and intensity. Comment, giving examples from the short stories you have read.
2. Do you find elements of retrospective autobiography in Sara Suleri's "The Property of a Woman"?
3. Bring out the thematic and stylistic features of Poe's "The Man of the Crowd".
4. Keeping a close view of the text, discuss the main theme in Hemingway's "A Clean Well Lighted Place."
5. What makes, "The Dead" by Joyce a remarkable example of the modern short story?
6. Does the "Point of View" play an important role in the total effect of a short story?
7. Discuss with reference to, "The Woman Who had Imagination" by Bates.
8. In "A Man of the Crowd" by E.A. Poe, the writer enhances the dramatic interest of the narrative by making the narrator a part of the story. Discuss.