1. Most modern short stories dramatize the fragmentation and conflict of our lives. Elaborate with reference to two short stories included in your syllabus.
2. Anton Chekhov analyses human motivation and behaviour in his short stories. Discuss with close reference to the story - The Man Who Lived in a Shell.
3. Write a detailed critical comment on the story Everything That Rises Must Converge by Flannery O' Connor.
4. Elaborate on how Edgar Allen Poe employs all the features of the short story in "The Man of the Crowd".
5. Justify the title of the story The Dead by James Joyce.
6. Critically examine the thematic concern in Amy Tan's short story The Voice From the Wall.
7. Discuss how the story My Son The Fanatic by Hanif Qureshi focuses on the dilemma of living in a cross-cultural society.