1. Discuss the importance of point of view in the narrative technique of at least two short stories from the syllabus.
2. Discuss how Braithwaite in the short story Dream Haiti uses language to voice some of his thematic concerns.
3. Discuss Nadine Gordiner's Once Upon a Time as a modern fairy tale.
4. Discuss the symbolic significance of the title of the story Civil Peace by Achebe.
5. Explore the theme of identity as it is portrayed in Hanif Qureshi's story My Son the Fanatic.
6. Write a detailed commentary on the story A DAY by W. Trevor.
7. Discuss the importance of the setting in Strong Horse Tea by Alice Walker.